Ross8478

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Winnie

Ok Moon, I've been a slacker on blogging lately. For those who don't know, I'm a huge dog fan. I've always wanted a puppy dog to call my own. When we moved in to our first house, a little over a year ago I thought, "Great now we can get a puppy." But money has been tight, and we had a lot vacations this spring, so the puppy plans were put on hold. Well, my patience finally ran out so I began pressing the issue with Nikki. So after a little coaxing, she finally caved and said ok let's get a dog. She made my day just by saying (let's get a dog). I immediately began researching breeds and shelters in the area. Nikki and I went to the Milwaukee Humane Society to view a few puppies. There was a Cattle Dog there, it was sooo cuuuuute but very naughty, constantly nipping Nikki and myself the entire time we were with her. Even with her nipping me I still wanted her. I kept telling Nikki that all puppies nip but she didn't get a good vibe, so we kept looking. A few days later I set up another viewing with a Black Lab mix from a rescue home in Delavan. After Nikki got home we set off on an hour drive southwest of Racine. As soon as we stepped in the home, two pups came up to us licking and sniffing our hands. The pups were complete opposites of the Cattle Dog pup we saw earlier. These dogs had a much friendlier disposition. So now we had 2 cuuuute Black Lab pups to choose from, I said why don't we just take both of them, after Nikki gave me the look, I decided to take the smaller of the 2. The smaller one had more white markings on her face. After a little debating Nikki suggested we name her Winnie; I couldn't agree more. We've been so busy trying to keep up with her, she is so full of life. Winnie girl is down for running around and acting goofy or snuggling up in your lap for a long nap. Taking care of another being is very rewarding to me, she is already very much apart of our family.

5 Comments:

  • Thats better!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 PM  

  • Winnie is perfect for you guys! You couldn't have picked a better puppy!!

    By Blogger Jeremy, at 7:35 AM  

  • What look did I give you??
    I was just being realistic... ;)

    By Blogger Nikki, at 1:22 PM  

  • We know Rossel. They all have a book load of looks. They talk to each other in 2-3 words. They expect us to read the looks and know what they want us to do/not do. We know your pain,

    MEN , MEN , MEN , MEN

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

  • How's the dog Rossel? Anything new?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home